Our Family's House Suffered Flood Damage That Damaged A Lot of My Stuff. We Connected With a Restoration Company

First, let's go over a quick review of what mold is. All molds are fungi, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is uncommon in the fungus kingdom, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't harmful. However, some are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

The rule of thumb is to contact a commercial mold removal Greensboro NC company to clear the mold if it is more than 3 square feet.. When you see any large mold growth, however, it's smart to call for cleanup assistance from mold damage cleanup. Certified technicians can help you make sure there is no mold spots in other spots around the structure using tools such as temperature sensors, moisture detectors and more.

Before you contact mold cleanup specialists, the first step is to stop the mold from growing. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Then, work to halt the dripping or condensation that brought the mold in the first place. For instance, make sure roof leaks are no longer getting into your attic and restrict the flow of any water that has gotten into your basement. The next step is to contain the problem in as small an area as possible. You could block off the area with plastic sheeting, for instance.

Should you get a mold mitigation service to help or can you finish it by yourself? Beyond considering the extent of the problem, think about any aggravating health issues that make you susceptible to becoming sick.

Once you've made the decision, there are important steps to take. To finish the mold removal yourself, pick up items such as long mold-approved gloves, coveralls and a mold-safe mask and sealed eye protection. You will probably also need something to trap mold from reaching the floor and a saw to repair drywall, if that's where you found the mold. Experts agree that you should avoid leaving unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere because it can't be cleaned thoroughly. Whatever you do, don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a substantial mold repair problem. It's mostly ineffective for soft surfaces, and only partially effective on hard ones. It's also dangerous because it can cause fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia-based cleaners such as window cleaner.

If you're concerned enough about mold damage to research, you need a professional mold removal company. If you choose to hire a mold mitigation company, look for one in your area because various molds thrive in different areas and you need experts who know the ideal mold damage repair techniques to stop the ones you found in your indoor environment. The more local, the better.

Check credentials before you hire a mold damage cleanup service. The State Business Licensing Division is a good place to start, and you can check for approval by groups such as as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.

Mold damage left to grow sends off spores, which act like seeds and can cause damage to spread rapidly. If not, harmful mold will keep eating on your structure and can ruin your things. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health risks ranging from brain damage. Mycotoxins can be particularly dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system .

The smartest way to solve your mold growth is to get mold damage help. Don't hesitate.