A Flood Damaged My Home. What to Do With All the Moldy Things?

First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is dangerous to you and your family is relatively rare in the fungus world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't harmful. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you call a black mold remediation Garner NC company for assistance if the smelly mold takes up more than about 3 square feet. This is because if you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold trapped in drywall and crevices and elsewhere.

Check credentials before you hire a mold damage cleanup service. The State Office of Consumer Protection is a good place to begin, and you should check for approval by groups such as as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection.

You need to remove any mold growth you find to prevent further harm, and do it right away. If you don't, harmful mold will keep eating on your structure and will destroy your things. Some types of mold, those that release toxic spores, can also cause sever health risks ranging from brain damage. Mold in the environment can be especially dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system .